What to do and see in Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne?
Our ideas for outings in Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne
Much more than just a religious building, the Saint-Jean-Baptiste cathedral allows you to discover various architectural styles as well as the history of the town in a single visit. There's only one step between religion, art and history.
We love ❤️ :
- The Romanesque nave ;
- The Gothic cloister;
- The shows and exhibitions organised for special occasions.
👣 35 minutes on foot, 🚲 11 minutes by bike and 🚘 6 minutes by car from your hotel
📅 Open every day of the year from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The former bishopric of Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne
Opposite the cathedral, the former bishop's palace is also known as the episcopal palace. It was listed as a Historic Monument in the 1980s. The Princes of Savoy stayed here before it became a tourist attraction. From now on, take the grand staircase to reveal a Baroque architecture worthy of the most important countries in the world.
We love ❤️ :
- The paintings in the hall ;
- Its unique style;
📍 Address: Place de la Cathédrale, 73300 Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne
👣 35 minutes on foot, 🚲 11 minutes by bike and 🚘 6 minutes by car from your hotel.
📅 Open every day of the year
Stay in a hotel near Valloire
The holidays are upon us, and it's time to find somewhere to rest between two cultural visits! Our hotel in Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne opens its doors to you in the heart of the Maurienne valley.
A holiday to discover and relax? Here are the hotel services just for you:
- Roof top with an exceptional view of the Alps with bar and relaxation area.
- Fitness room (treadmills, bikes, yoga mats, balls, etc.).
- Maurienne packed lunches with fresh local produce to accompany you on your visits to the region.
- Hotel souvenir shop...
- Does the thought of having your pet looked after upset you? Take your dog, cat or other pet with you on holiday.